Clow Group Ltd will be responsible for managing the installation and maintenance of Access Systems specified within the contracts. Environmental performance will be an integral consideration of the ongoing operation and maintenance of these facilities. Clow Group Ltd will continually seek to improve this environmental performance through cost effective environmental management in broad compliance with ISO 14001; client policies, standards and agreements, and Clow Group’s commitments to sustainable development.
In order to facilitate the management of environmental issues, contract specific Environmental Management Plans (EMP) have been created which will operate throughout the life of the individual contracts awarded.
Principal environmental issues will be continually addressed and include:
- Preventing or minimising pollution, specifically releases to air and water, and contamination of land. Where pollution events are unavoidable, emergency response procedures, which will ensure rapid containment of pollution incidents, will be deployed by suitably trained and competent staff.
- Minimising and managing the effects of noise and vibration from work sites and depots where sensitive receptors will be adversely affected.
- Taking account of the presence and sensitivities of natural and heritage features during maintenance operations, and taking into consideration the views of those parties with a legitimate interest in our activities.
- Reducing waste generation in all activities encompassed by the contract, and reusing or recycling waste materials wherever there are practicable means to do so; e.g. all the company’s paper packaging is made from recycled paper, all boxes used for shipping goods are second hand, being collected from other manufacturers waste. Aluminium products are 100% recyclable and all aluminium scrap collected and reprocessed by using aluminium there is no requirement to paint or use any abrasives in future repairs.
- Endeavouring to utilise materials and products, which embody energy and resource efficiency in
manufacture and operation, where the material specification meets our clients operational
requirements e.g. The nature of the company’s activities mean that none of the manufacturing
operations involve excessive use of energy, environment harming processes or chemicals including
Complying fully with, and keeping abreast of, all environmental laws, regulations, environmental
good practice and the principles of our clients environmental policy, which are applicable to present
and future operations. The Clow Group through membership of appropriate trade organisations
ensures that it keeps informed of all relevant and up to date government legislation.
In order to ensure that continual improvement is being achieved, the Environmental Policy will be audited
and reviewed at regular intervals to ascertain the ongoing relevance of, and compliance with, the policy
objectives and targets. The Environmental Policy will be publicised and communicated to all Clow Group Ltd.
employees, and also externally to suppliers and sub-contractors.
Clow Group Ltd. is committed to raising awareness and influencing our suppliers and sub-contractors to
ensure that goods and services procured support our environmental policy and our clients own
environmental standards and requirements.
I shall update my Environmental Policy statement as and when necessary and will formally review its
contents each year.
Reference: Clow Group Ltd.: Environmental Policy Statement, Revision 01, Page 1 of 1, August 2019
Quality Policy | Environmental Policy | Sustainability Policy | Corporate Social Responsibility Policy